Embryo Adoption – Embrioformation
WHAT DOES IT ENTAIL?
In embryo adoption, an embryo that has been donated by another couple is thawed from the bank. It is subsequently transferred to the uterus to continue the development and achieve a pregnancy.
WHEN IS EMBRYO ADOPTION
- Low ovarian reserve
- Significant alteration of semen or
- Genetic or chromosomal alteration
- Women without a male partner
- Repeated embryo implantation failures
- Previous failures of assisted reproductive techniques
What is needed?
- Normal uterine cavity