Whatever you want to know before getting pregnant.
The purpose consists of integrally evaluating the health of the future mother, her antecedents, the current diseases, her psychic and physical state; to also recommend pharmacological supplements (folic acid, iron, calcium, iodine, etc.) and, to finish, plan the best time to get pregnant.
This consultation is particularly indicated in the following cases:
- Women showing obstetric antecedents and negative reproductions.
- Couples showing risks of genetic diseases (personal or family antecedents).
- Women suffering from a serious or chronic disease.
- Women from 35 years.
The general recommendations for women wanting to get pregnant are:
- Stop or reduce alcohol and tobacco.
- Do not take any medicines if there is a delay in the periods.
- To get vaccinated, if required, against tetanus, hepatitis B and Rubella.
- Appropriate physical activity.
- Reduction of excess weight.
- Adoption of a balanced diet.
- Pre-conception medical consultation